Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tyler Gerald Herzog has arrived

Well baby boy has finally arrived into the world and we are so excited to have him. We got a call on Wed morning from our nurse saying she was ready for us to come in and be induced (12 days post due date). We checked in at about 10am and had pitocin dripping by 10:45. Contractions started up but just weren't painful enough the doc said so she broke my water. She said by accident but whatever works I say and let me tell you it worked for sure!! The contractions started hardcore and my nurse asked me whenever I wanted my epidural to say the word and within minutes I said the word :) I had my epidural by about 230 and by 430 I was 10cm and ready to push. Such a different experience than Syd's 18 hour birthing plan. I started to push a bit after 5 and by 528 little Tyler was born. It was such a great experience, being very nervous to be induced after hearing so many not so good stories. But I think it helped that he was really ready to be born so it worked out well. He was 9lbs 2ozs and 20.5in long. He's very healthy with all fingers and toes and we're learning about eachother everyday. He's precious and his big sister is curious about him and likes to touch him every now and again. So far Syd's adjusting well to the change in the house....and we are hoping that only continues. Grandma and grandpa were here until Sunday and nana and papop are still here. Papop leaves tomorrow and nana is here through the middle of next week. I'm still not sure how I will do this solo but figure I'll face that when the time comes and just take advantage of the help that I have now. More to come of course as we go. Love to all and thank you to all of you for your calls/emails/texts/etc.

Love S&S&S&T











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh! look at my sweet little Sydney and baby Tyler!!! Aunt CC loves you both!!!! I'll see you soon!!!!!!!

EZEKIEL JAMES HERZOG said...

He is so precious! I think he looks a lot like Syd already. Such a healthy looking guy! Way to go Mama!

Lanei said...

Ohhhhh he is so cute!!! Way to go you guys, I am so happy for your family. :)

ajbmossman said...

What a cute family!! Congrats!!!

Michelle said...

He is absolutely adorable.......but when are you going to pop out an baby that looks like you? LOL!

I know you are a busy little mama......but we need more pictures please.

Anonymous said...

lovely lil d--k he has