Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Labor and Delivery!!!

Wow, it's been a while since I"ve posted, I know I know I"m awful at keeping up with this. But as we get more adjusted and settled the more I plan on keeping up with things. So let's start from the beginning.

Day 0 - About 2 weeks late and still waiting. Poor mom and dad have been here for over 2 weeks now and we're all waiting ever so patiently. Monday the 9th is the scheduled induction date but still in my heart I don't want to induce yet I'm so worried something is going to go wrong. It's Sunday the 8th and we are watching yet another lame movie that Scotty picked out from Netflix:) We get into bed around midnight and bam I'm starting to have contractions more frequently. I get up, figure they'll go away and take a bath and shower to help calm myself. Well all I do is get really hot and wish i was back in bed so I get back in bed and wake Scott up and say I think we should start timing them. We're about 6 minutes apart and they aren't the lame contractions I had been having for many weeks prior to this. I call the doc and she says come on in when you are ready and can't take the pain anymore. I mean "can't take the pain" well it's 1am and I'm really tired so can't take the pain means I can't sleep. We get to about 4 minutes apart and I wake up Scotty again and say it's time to go. We get mom and dad up and pack everything up and head out the door. I call Kelsy, Vick, Nicole, Katherine and Courtney and let them know we are on our way and that we'll keep them posted. We arrive at Swedish around 130am and they check me and I'm about 3 cm at this point and still 80% effaced (I've been 80% effaced for about 3 weeks now). They tell the doctor and they decide to admit me. At this point I still feel like this is not really happening but the contractions really aren't fun at all. I get admitted and change into my sexy gown and jump back into bed. Scott and I go for a few walks down the hall and I bounce on the big ball and took a bath and we're just all hanging out. Scott calls his parents and they are on their way now as well. We have a nice big delivery room for lots of people to be in but doc tells us it's going to be a long while before any action happens. At about 8am, I text Kelsy and tell her that the contractions really really suck and she says just get your epidural. Well I said I wanted to hold off and she asked me why.....and I couldn't answer that!!! So I immediately requested my epidural at around 5cm at 8am. They were quick and the guy that did it was really nice and walked me through it. I was super super nervous but it went really well and i was feeling good in no time!! I highly recommend drugs!! Once it kicked in I was off to sleep which was really nice since I didn't get any sleep during the night.
Thankfully the epidural didn't slow down labor at all and I progressed slowly but as expected throughout the day. By about 4ish it was time to push. Well I started to get really really sick to my tummy. I hadn't eaten anything since the prior day around 8pm and it's been about 20 hours and you can't eat or drink anything once you get your epidural. Plus they say one of the side effects of labor can be nausea. Leave it to me to get it :) Once I got more drugs to make me feel better it was time to push push push. I pushed for about 2 hours and there she came. It was the most amazing experience I've ever experienced!! As much as I wasn't a fan of pregnancy the birthing experience was awesome. It almost makes me want another one... one day......




Ok I'm going to publish this post and start the good stuff next!!

1 comment:

kelsy said...

HAHAHAH!!! you are SO funny!! that last line of the post almost had me going :)!!! GREAT BIRTH STORY LADY!!!!